Sunday, February 19, 2012

From Blah to Awe


While this book was written for teenage girls, I found it to be inspiring and convicting.  In a nutshell, From Blah to Awe by Jenna Lucado Bishop is about why we as christian (mainly girls) are/get bored with God and our relationship with Him and how to waken up that joy and excitement.  I have to admit that I have been guilty of being bored, more often then I'd like to admit,  myself.  Guilty of letting sin, my own desires get in the way of having the relationship with God He intended.
Jenna, like her father, honestly covers the topics that many teen girls (more for church girls) struggle with.  Using real life stories, humor, personal hang ups and situations,  Jenna pulls the readers into her book with every chapter.  Her "sitting down to coffee" way of writing makes you feel like you know her and can trust her. 
Some of her examples where, to me, a little "cheesy", but then again I am not who her main audience is.  That being said, other then my pet peeve (not using mostly KJV when quoting the Bible), Jenna's book is a wonderful read.  It is encouraging to know that other people, other churches feel. preach, teach some of the same things that we do.  Encouraging that teen girls are challenged and encouraged to step it up, step out of their comfort zone, to really fall in love with Jesus.
On a closing note, I offered the book to my teenage daughter.  She declined, so I am going to offer it to another girl in our church who's face kept popping up as I read the book. 

No comments: